Head Admin
    Head Admin

character sheet
    character name: Lady Queen
    Level:
    100/200  (100/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    Items on personLife, High Potion, & an extra fairy.
    PetsJulian, her Pikachu
    Weapons (or spells) equipped withUniversal keyblade, with the spell of protect over her.
    Summon available (if none leave blank)Ultimate Bahamut

Iwata Passes Away

Post by queen on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:45 am

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has passed away due to a bile duct growth, which he was previously treated for. sauce

I may not have known him personally. But every Direct, I allowed him into my house & into my home. Where there he would tell me about games that were going to be releasing for the Nintendo consoles. And with every direct I saw him in I felt closer to him, & after a time I felt like he'd become another friend. Some one I could look forwards to seeing every year.

Out of all of the gaming companies, the only President I knew out of them was Nintendo's. So I became attached to him, because of his humbleness, & his kindness. And hearing of his sudden death.. I felt as if some one had told me that my best friend had died. Even now, after coming to terms with the fact he's no longer going to be coming to my home & being a part of my life, I am deeply saddened. I'm going to miss seeing Mr. Iwata.. As I think we all shall in some way shape or form. May he rest in peace. Crying or Very sad I shall miss you Mr. Iwata. Sad
    Luke

character sheet
    character name:
    Level:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    Items on person
    Pets
    Weapons (or spells) equipped with
    Summon available (if none leave blank)

Re: Iwata Passes Away

Post by Luke on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:29 pm

Omg? Really? Such sad, sad news a lot of Nintendo fans will miss him for certain. RIP Mr Iwata. ):
    Sherlocked

Post by Sherlocked on Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:03 am

Sad news indeed. ]:
    Namine

character sheet
    character name: Princess Namine
    Level:
    50/200  (50/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    Items on personNotebook
    PetsRoxas her Piplup
    Weapons (or spells) equipped withKeyblade of true heart, with the spell of mist over her.
    Summon available (if none leave blank)Knights of the Round

Post by Namine on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:53 pm

Omg, I didn't know his condition was this serious. Sad Holy crap.
    Yami Yugi

character sheet
    character name: Yami Yugi
    Level:
    2/200  (2/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    Items on personMillenium puzzle, & a fairy bottle.
    PetsSexy Time Jynx
    Weapons (or spells) equipped withDuel blade with the spell of charm cast.
    Summon available (if none leave blank)Bushido

Post by Yami Yugi on Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:58 am

I found this: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/a-fan-shares-a-memory-of-her-personal-streetpass-encounter-with-iwata#.Vajd7H8pDQ- about Iwata & thought I'd share it here.

May he rest in peace. (:
    Namine

character sheet
    character name: Princess Namine
    Level:
    50/200  (50/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    Items on personNotebook
    PetsRoxas her Piplup
    Weapons (or spells) equipped withKeyblade of true heart, with the spell of mist over her.
    Summon available (if none leave blank)Knights of the Round

Post by Namine on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:47 pm

Thanks for making me cry Yami. ;-;
    Sherlocked

Post by Sherlocked on Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:16 am

Then you wouldn't want to read the translated speech Genyo Takeda gave at Iwata's funeral.

“As we gather here today for a joint funeral with Nintendo Co., Ltd. and Mr. Iwata’s family, I would like to share my heartfelt condolences. President Iwata, allow me to call you Iwata-san, just as I always used to.”

“Iwata-san, you left us far too soon. Having just chaired our shareholders’ meeting the other day on June 26, the news of your sudden death has left all the employees overcome with a deep sorrow. The late Yamauchi-san passed the baton to you in naming you the president of Nintendo in 2002, and the two Senior Managing Directors of the company, Shigeru Miyamoto and I, have been assisting and working alongside you. Being rather short-tempered myself, the thing that I am most deeply struck by is that you were a true leader in every sense of the word, overflowing with compassion for people. You always maintained a two-way dialogue, even with the next generation of employees, or with much younger members of the development and marketing teams, or with employees outside of Japan whose different customs and cultures can make communication challenging — sometimes even admitting your own mistakes to them. You demonstrated this through your belief that people could eventually come to understand one another, and your strong conviction that the best way for us to grow is through patient communication, even if it took several times, a dozen times or even seemingly endless discussion.”

“You succeeded in planting the seed in employees’ hearts that, in order to solve an issue, there is a fundamental cycle whereby you make a hypothesis, execute the plan, see the result and then make adjustments, and by which you have caringly nurtured these seeds to sprout and mature into plants.”

“Until now, our successors and the younger generation would take a few first steps and then look back at you for guidance because they could not tell if they had chosen the right path. Today they cannot ask for your guidance anymore.”

“However, I am sure that they have already made the firm determination that they will continue on their own, making the hypothesis, executing the plan, seeing the results and reflecting on the results to improve and adjust by themselves.”

“In the face of your unbelievable passing it will surely take some time before we can emerge from this deep sorrow. Please know, however, that the seeds you have planted, and the plants that have sprouted will put forth small flowers as they bring smiles to the faces of people around the world, blossom into a grand flower bigger than even you, our leader, Iwata-san. Together with Miyamoto and others of our generation, we swear in our hearts that we will continue our efforts so that, someday, we can report and present to you the blossoming of these flowers. May you continuously watch over and guide us managers, our employees and your family.”

“On behalf of all of us, I would like to offer my heartfelt condolences and sincerest prayer. May you rest in peace, Iwata-san.”
    Dastan

character sheet
    character name: Prince Dastan
    Level:
    20/200  (20/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    Items on personRed potion
    PetsHaunter
    Weapons (or spells) equipped withScimitar sword
    Summon available (if none leave blank)Time reverse

Post by Dastan on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:12 pm

Man, this is sad news & I only found out TODAY that Iwata passed away. I've been so busy with work as of late I haven't had much time for much else. Neutral  Sad to see such a visionary pass away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:27 pm