Head Admin
    Head Admin

character sheet
    character name: Lady Queen
    Level:
    100/200  (100/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    Items on personLife, High Potion, & an extra fairy.
    PetsJulian, her Pikachu
    Weapons (or spells) equipped withUniversal keyblade, with the spell of protect over her.
    Summon available (if none leave blank)Ultimate Bahamut

My fav games thread

Post by queen on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:40 pm

In this thread I'm going to be talking about different Playstation games that I personally like. I do love Nintendo I just find myself to also be a multi-console gamer here. As in I enjoy playing more then just Nintendo titles, & what not.

Now I plan to talk about the first gen of Playstation titles, thus highlighting a few gems. Still I hope if your reading that you enjoy what I've posted. :3

Playstation 1 era. I'm going to talk about just the top 10 PS1 titles that I personally like. After I've done my top 10 list, I'll continue on with the PS2 era, & the PS3 era. I won't be doing PS4 for obvious reasons (I don't have one: lol); just so we're clear. ;3

For today I'm going to start from the bottom & go up in numbers over the next couple of days just focusing on one single game for when I make a post about it. So today I'm going to be talking about my top 10 favorite PSX (PS1) titles.

Let's start things off with Number 10.

Wild Arms

I just love this series, in general & the first one is my very favorite because you start out with three characters you can choose from & some how you have to get them to meet. At the time when I first had played this, there wasn't any game like this that I had played when I first tried this series. Something else that is neat is that each character gets items that they can use while in dungeons. Like with 'the treasure hunter' yo get a wind mouse to use whose name is Hanpan. The game is great & some of the dialog is outright silly at times. If you like games like Zelda (such as exploring & puzzle solving) along with JRPG's like Final Fantasy (because of the turn based battles & what not) then the Wild Arms series could be your cup of tea. :3

Last edited by queen on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    queen
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

character sheet
    Level:
    100/200  (100/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    PetsJulian, her Pikachu
    Weapons (or spells) equipped withUniversal keyblade, with the spell of protect over her.

Re: My fav games thread

Post by queen on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Next up we have Number 9.

Final Fantasy IX

One of the best Final Fantasy games out there for the PlayStation. Er, next to FFVII & FFVI that is. XD I love the story, most of the characters & even the villain though at times I often wonder if Kuja is really a woman because hips like that you just can't find on a man. XD The music is fantastic, and a lot of the characters are great. though I will admit to not liking a few, like Sir Fratley, I always joke around and call him Sir Fartly cause he's an idiot impo. XD I also don't like one of the main characters either, Amarant Coral. OMG, if only I could switch him out for some one awesome like Beatrix cause then THAT would be awesome since Beatrix is a way better character all around compared to Amarant who's character just an out right arse. <.<; FF9 is a great game though & has a wonderful story. If you've ever wanted to try a Final Fantasy game; this would be one of them that I'd recommend. :3
    queen
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

character sheet
    Level:
    100/200  (100/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    PetsJulian, her Pikachu

Post by queen on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:43 pm

Next up is number 8!

Chrono Cross

OMG; this game.. There is just so much to say about it. Being a huge Chrono Trigger fan & my seeing it get some kind of continuation was great in my eyes & just the fact that this game isn't everything that it seems is awesomeness encompassed. The game's plot turns on it's ear half way in & there's even a Star War's Luke & Vadar thing that happens in the game. The love I have for this game even has me pulling it out & playing it once every year; it's just that good. <3 It does have some issues, like the art style isn't the same as Akira Toriyama's who did the art for the first title. That & the main plot kind of doesn't make much sense unless you play Chrono Trigger's DS version as opposed to the original SNES version. Still; all in all this is a great successor game to Chrono Trigger & I would recommend any one to play it: fan of Chrono Trigger or not. x3
    queen
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

character sheet
    Level:
    100/200  (100/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    PetsJulian, her Pikachu

Post by queen on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:51 pm

Next up is: number 7!

Parasite Eve

The reason it's my number 7 is because I loved the main character Aya Brea & the story in general. It wasn't like anything I'd played before & was very interesting to play through story wise. A bit f**ked up on some levels; but interesting none the less. I really enjoy this game a lot as is, but it does have it's issues, such as too many random battles to deal with while in some places when there should be less then there are & in some places maybe there should be more? There's also the whole issue of this reminding me WAY to much of a Stephen King novel too. But I digress; the game is good as is & I would recommend it to any one who hasn't played it. :3
    queen
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

character sheet
    Level:
    100/200  (100/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    PetsJulian, her Pikachu

Post by queen on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:28 am

Now it's time for number 6. :3

Suikoden II

Yep! I bet a lot of you who know me saw this game coming a mile away. XD I love that you can have up to 6 characters in your party. I enjoy seeing Flik & Victor make a return from Suikoden 1, along with many others from the first game. This game has shaped me & made me who I am; my love of JRPG's & so much more. It's a game even my sweetheart Jing enjoys watching me play & he can remember so much more of it then even I can. XD There's just so much story here & all of the characters are interesting. :3 I really enjoy this series a LOT & this is my top favorite Suikoden game from the PSX era. If you enjoy a good story & deep character interaction then this game is for you. ^^
    queen
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

character sheet
    Level:
    100/200  (100/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    PetsJulian, her Pikachu

Post by queen on Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Now; onto number 5. ^^

Star Ocean: The Second Story

The main reason why I'm getting a PS4 is because of this series. You'd think that this title would be higher up on my list because of that. But nope; this game is right where it is because it's been so dang long since I played it. XD My love of the Star Ocean series started with this title. I haven't looked back SINCE. I'm going to start up a new file & once I've played through it again I'll give my reasons why I love it so; but for now just know that this game is the start of my love for the series. So for now enjoy the video I posted to see if it's something that you'd like to try to play. :3
    queen
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

character sheet
    Level:
    100/200  (100/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    PetsJulian, her Pikachu

Post by queen on Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:16 pm

Next up is number 4. :3

Xenogears

You'd think this game would be higher on my list because of my love of Xenoblade Chronicles, but this game is where Xenoblade Chronicles began. ;3 The characters are all great & the story is really very interesting. If you play all of the Xeno-series it makes some sense as to how the series evolved so much over time. The story is very in depth & epic. the main hero is very like able & interesting at the same time. If you enjoy a rich diverse story, where the main hero can do combo attacks: that involve you getting into a mech & taking down huge monsters later in game then this title is for you. :3
    queen
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

character sheet
    Level:
    100/200  (100/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    PetsJulian, her Pikachu

Post by queen on Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:28 pm

Now my list is getting down to the last three! :3

Up next is number 3:

Final Fantasy VII

I'm sure those of you who know me best KNEW this title was coming since this is one of my top favorite Final Fantasy titles for the PSX. I love Cloud's character; yea he's a bit of a hard ass but deep down he's a pussy cat. I just love Sephiroth's character even if he flips his nut & goes off trying to destroy the world; he's still too sexy for j00 to understand. XD Tifa, Aeris, Barret, Cid, & Vincent this game has some great characters &  a very fucked up story line. I mean what is real & what isn't? You have to watch the movies, & play the other games just to really understand what the fuck is even going on. But still.. I love this title; it may be fucked up beyond compare; but I still love it. Even if Cloud does have a spikey ass; I still love it. :3 If you ever want to play a Final Fantasy game; I highly suggest trying it. :3
    queen
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

character sheet
    Level:
    100/200  (100/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    PetsJulian, her Pikachu

Post by queen on Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:29 pm

Now onto number two.

2: Chrono Trigger (Which is a part of the Final Fantasy Chronicles: Chrono Trigger | Final Fantasy IV compilation)

Not that FFIV isn't great it's just not my favorite of the Final Fantasy's. The character of Kain waffles between being your friend or being your enemy & I hate that about the game: pick a side already Kain! <.< You also have to fight against Cecil's inner darkness & all you can do is just defend else wise he gets killed & it's game over: so lame. Yea, some of the story is pretty good & some of the characters are great such as Rydia & Rosa; but otherwise I'd say try it if you want & go straight to Chrono Trigger; because it's so awesome. Time traveling, saving the world from a dark evil, & a bunch of animated cut sequences? Yes please! If you would like to play a game with a bunch of characters you can recruit through out time, a classic RPG, and a very in depth story then Chrono Trigger is for you. :3

(There is also a definitive version of this game that's very available for purchase for the DS if you ever want to play it. :3)
    Yami Yugi

character sheet
    character name: Yami Yugi
    Level:
    2/200  (2/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    Items on personMillenium puzzle, & a fairy bottle.
    PetsSexy Time Jynx
    Weapons (or spells) equipped withDuel blade with the spell of charm cast.
    Summon available (if none leave blank)Bushido

Post by Yami Yugi on Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:53 pm

Idk that you posted your list here too. Cool! Can't wait to see what your number one is. (:
    Dastan

character sheet
    character name: Prince Dastan
    Level:
    20/200  (20/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    Items on personRed potion
    PetsHaunter
    Weapons (or spells) equipped withScimitar sword
    Summon available (if none leave blank)Time reverse

Post by Dastan on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:15 pm

Nice list! Can't wait to see more. Very Happy
    queen
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

character sheet
    Level:
    100/200  (100/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    PetsJulian, her Pikachu

Post by queen on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:23 pm

-Drum roll please- And now it's time for number ONE!

Final Fantasy VI
    -Part of the Final Fantasy Anthology -

Yep; my number one favorite PSX title is FFVI. Yes, you can technically play the SNES version of this but I feel that the PSX version is the more superior one. There are new character models, new animated 3d sequences & more as you play this. The story is so good & all of the characters are great; just everything about this game is perfect & Kefka is a joy of a villain even if he is a bit of a psycho. XD
    queen
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

character sheet
    Level:
    100/200  (100/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    PetsJulian, her Pikachu

Post by queen on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:25 pm

First of all we'll start things off by my doing something different; with so many great PS2 games I won't be able to mention all of them that were really enjoyably great games. So for these titles that I feel deserve some gaming love I will give them an honorable mention. 

After this post I'll start my top 10 list. :3

Honorable mention's go to the following two titles: Kya Dark Lineage, & Beyond Good & Evil.

Kya Dark Lineage gets an honorable mention because the story is very engaging & the game play is really enjoyable (impo). It's a very unknown PS2 title & deserves a little shout out. :3 The other title Beyond Good & Evil was also released on the Gamecube so if you wanted to get the Gamecube version & play it I suggest you try it. I really enjoyed the game play & the story was a bit wierd if not interesting. xD
    queen
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

character sheet
    Level:
    100/200  (100/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    PetsJulian, her Pikachu

Post by queen on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 pm

Now here's the start of my top ten list of PS2 games. So let's start things off with number TEN.

Final Fantasy X & X-2

I can't decide between them tbh both games are really great. I love all of the characters in both titles as well as the story. Some FF fans don't like X-2 but personally I really enjoyed the refreshing take on the dress sphere's mechanic inherent in X2. There's also the sphere grid mechanic inherent in FFX; but tbh I like the dress sphere's better. XD

Next up is number 9! :3

Shadow Hearts

This is the ONLY series of games that I know of that uses a circular dial for you to be able to perform attacks with successfully. As shown in the image bellow:

The orange spots you see on the circle is where you have to hit the (X) button in order to get off the attacks perfectly. If you get it inside of the red area then you do a lot more damage to monsters & that. This is a pretty bloody JRPG, with a lot of suspense & mystery. It's also where I got my love for using the word Bacon in my town names because the villain in this game is Roger Bacon, though most times when the main character talks about him; he just calls him Bacon. There are a lot of references to the occult in this game; & there is a ton of blood shown in various areas due to summoned demons & what not. If your into the occult & very intriguing story line: then this game is for you. But, to warn you the main character is also a demon, & later in the game you get to control his demon form. So there's that. XD I really enjoyed this title & everything about it. There are still a few things about it that are new that are featured as game mechanics when playing; that I haven't seen used in other games (that's I've seen as of yet). So if you think you can handle a rated M title; then go for it. Otherwise: wait until your more mature to be able to handle playing it. As there is a lot of weird shit in this game; don't say I didn't warn you. ^^;

Next up is number 8! ^^

Xenosaga: Episode III Also sprach Zarathustra

I love the Xenosaga series in general. But this one stands out the most to me because the story gets way more f*cked up then you think it would. Mostly because in Episode III I came to find out the reason that one of the villains went crazy is because they ate a Realian (they were either a race of genetically created humans, or half robot humans: which btw was never made very clear in the series).. So.. Yea, f*cked up sh1t thar. The story for all of the Xenosaga series of games is very rich & the characters have a lot of depth to them & all of the characters are very well balanced when building a team. It's episode III that stood out for me because of so many surprises that are revealed. If your looking for an epic mecha JRPG with an epic story, great characters, and a bunch of f*cked up villains then this series would be your bread & butter. :3
    queen
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

character sheet
    Level:
    100/200  (100/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    PetsJulian, her Pikachu

Post by queen on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:53 pm

Next up is: Number 7!

Radiata Stories

I still need to beat this game tbh with you. I just can't choose between either being on the human's side or the side of the Elves/Dwarves/Fairies. Ugh, it's so hard to make that choice because so many of the human characters are just AWESOME & you won't get them back if you choose to be on the side of the Elves/Dwarves/Fairies. >.< So I've yet to beat this game because I really want to choose the side of the non-humans cause I love Fairies, Elves, & Dwarves as much as I like humans.. But picking the side of the humans is usually pretty much the same story. But this game is different. Which side you choose determines how the rest of the game plays out so you have to choose very carefully. Which is why I've yet to finish this game. BUT I have decided to side with the non-humans the first go around & then choose to be on the human's side the next time I play it. Thus giving this game a lot of replay-ability which is another reason why it's on my list. It'd probably be my number 6 or so; but my having waffled on which side to choose is why it's my number 7. xp So yea; it's my fault but it's mostly Square Enix's for creating such interesting characters for both sides really is how I feel about it. xD

Still if your up for a great story & in depth characters then this game is for you. :3

Next up is number 6.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

One thing I'll say about this game is though I love the story, & characters. I friggen HATE the ending for it. Beyond the ending hate; in the end it's a really great game. Very in depth & very interesting. The ending just rubbed me the WRONG way; beyond that this game is really great. :3 I'd say if the ending was better; it'd probably be my number 5. xD
    Yami Yugi

character sheet
    character name: Yami Yugi
    Level:
    2/200  (2/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    Items on personMillenium puzzle, & a fairy bottle.
    PetsSexy Time Jynx
    Weapons (or spells) equipped withDuel blade with the spell of charm cast.
    Summon available (if none leave blank)Bushido

Post by Yami Yugi on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Cool, are you posting the rest of your favorite PS games here too? Very Happy If so can't wait! ^D^
    queen
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

character sheet
    Level:
    100/200  (100/200)
    Items & that:
    Items & thatInfo
    PetsJulian, her Pikachu

Post by queen on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:28 pm

Yami Yugi wrote:Cool, are you posting the rest of your favorite PS games here too? Very Happy If so can't wait! ^D^
    Yep, as soon as I remember to I will. ^p^; XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:01 pm